I cannot say for certain that the coconut oil is the reason for the positive changes in my body, but it is the only change I have made in my lifestyle and I notice drastic improvements in so many areas. Don't get me wrong it hasn't all been cupcakes and roses. For starters in my reading about adding coconut oil to my diet I read that you should take 3 tablespoons per day, and I tried that and I had the worst upset tummy and tummy cramps ever for about 3 days, I cut back to 1 tablespoon per day and I have worked myself up to 2 tablespoons at this point without spending the day on the potty, and I am glad I have stuck with it..
Here are the changes I have noticed in my body and like i said this is just one person's opinion. I am not responsible for anything you choose to do or not to do.
- My nails are way less brittle and breaky
- my hair seems healthier
- I had no menstrual cramps this month and that has NEVER happened in the history of my life
- i didn't have too much of a moody breakdown this menstrual cycle and that has also NEVER happened in the history of my life
- my bowel movements have been more regular (after the initial shock of the coconut oil)
- my dry flaky scaly elbows and heels that my children refer to as my cactus elbows and feet are practically non-existent
- my skin seems more revitalized and healthy
- my hair is less dry and brittle
- I did not have a tragic acne breakout before my menstrual cycle this time
- scars that i have been battling for months seem to be healing wonderfully at long last the skin tone is evening out where the scars are
- the yeast infection i always get before my period is non existent this month
- my lips are not dried out and in desperate need of chapstick ll the time
- we need far less lubrication for intimate time
- Ive been more active and into getting out of the house more than I have been in a long long time
- I have had less achy joints especially in the wrist I broke that always tells me the weather
- I have had less trouble with dry eyes
- the dry patch between my eyebrows and across my nose is gone
- my pores across my nose and cheeks seem smaller and less clogged
- I have more energy
- memory seems less foggy
Now like i say I cannot tell you how much of this should be accredited to the coconut oil but I am a firm believer in its benefits now and I will be taking coconut oil in my diet for a long time to come.. You do whatever you choose..
I take it by the spoon full twice a day at this point, but if you cannot stomach straight coconut oil from a spoon there are other ways to add it to your diet.
- in a smoothie
- use it in cooking fried foods instead of other oils
- I have heard of people using it in their coffee but I tried that and didn't enjoy that too much
- add coconut oil in place of butter to any recipe that calls for butter
- use as a lotion
- add to any blended drink, milkshakes, frappes, or slushie type drinks
- add to popcorn